Dear Readers, Our guest Today On the Interview section of this blog a great blogger by the name Adekile Adewale, he is the Owner of Doncaprio.com, a Technology blog where he shares lots of technology, Gadgets and Blogging Tips. I hope you enjoy this awesome Interview.
Please, kindly introduce yourself to our Readers- Tell us what you do and a bit insight into your bio.
- I’m known as Don Caprio but that’s a pseudonym I prefer to use online. My real name is Wale Adekile. I’m a blogger by profession and a freelance web developer.
How long have you been a blogger and why did you get started?
- It’s been about three years now and I started around 2009.
Tell US about your Blog, Doncaprio.com and how did you start it?
- Doncaprio.com was actually started in 2010. I had a blog right before that… 2 blogs actually. Doncaprio.com was the third blog I created. I decided to “kill” my two other blogs just to focus on that alone.
How Did You come about the name “Don Caprio”
- I gave myself that name way back 2001 right after High school. I guess you know what a Don is, it’s a dictionary word meaning a person of great importance; I’ve always seen myself that way. My zodiac sign is capriocorn and that’s where I derived Caprio, it’s also an Italian name and I loved it back then. Combining the two, Don Caprio sounded perfect and it’s been 11 years now.
How long do you spend blogging? Is it a full time job, part time or simply hobby?
- It started as a simple hobby, turned to a part-time job but right now, I’m more like a full time blogger.
What is Your Blogging Motivation?
- To be honest, the money enticed me. It was my sole motivation to start a blog. Like I always say, the money is what got me started but not what kept me going on. I love what I do and I have a strong passion for it though it didn’t start that way. I would’ve quitted a long time ago if I didn’t develop a natural passion for it.
What do you think is your Secret To success?
- Blogging may be fun but becoming a successful blogger isn’t funny. It takes a whole lot of hard work, sleepless nights, research and much more. Not that I’m a very religious person but I believe I can’t be where I am right now without God.
What advice do you have for Newbie/Beginner bloggers?
- Like I once said, 90% bloggers are in the blogosphere for the money. It’s understandable most people don’t wanna to do community service, giving free information to the world and getting nothing out of it. The money will surely come in but a lot of things have to be put in place before that.
You need to focus on being a skilled writer, build your reputation as a professional web publisher and not just another blogger, and then work on growing your traffic. That’s what should be done before you start worrying about the money, it’ll come in when all that is in place.
If you had to start all over again, with the knowledge you have now, what would you do differently?
- With the knowledge I have now and going back to 2009, I would’ve focused more on writing search engine optimized content instead on focusing all my energy on making money, creating random blogs and doing it all freestyle.
And to finish off, how can others connect with you?
- I’m on facebook – http://facebook.com/doncaprio
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/doncaprio